Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEAT) bursaries are issued and welcomes all potential students to take the great opportunity. Enhancing youth development and to develop a culture of high quality learning has been the commitment of DEDEAT. So, what are you waiting for?
Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism of Eastern Cape Province has reviewed the area with relatively sustained growth path since 2002. The main duty of DEDEAT is to support and develop business enterprises through district offices and collaborating with other municipalities and other role players. As the government public sector, DEDEAT responsibles in intergrated economic development services, trade and industry development, business and regulations governance and economic planning.
The Field of Studies Available
The DEDEAT bursaries are available for the following list of fields:
– Bachelor of Commerce in Economics and Statistics, Public Finance, Economics and Law, Economics and Politics, Economics and Econometrics, Development Economics, Economics of Tourism, Development Studies and Law Protection
– Bachelor of Science in Tourism Development, Animal, Plant and Environmental Studies, Environmental Science and Management, Economics and Development Geography, Geography of Tourism, Coastal Management, Environmental and Geographic Studies, Environmental Law and Marine Management
– Other category needed are Applied social sciences, Public administration and management, Psychology, Monitoring and evaluation, and Communication
The Requirements of DEDEAT Bursaries
There are several requirements must be adhered by applicants when they decied to apply for DEDEAT bursaries and those are:
– Applicants must be South African citizen, especially in Eastern Cape Province
– Age not older than 35 years old
– Applicants with disabilities and designated group are encouraged to apply
– Priorities given to candidates from rural and poverty-stricken areas
– Applicants need financial support
– Unemployed applicants must enclose parent’s/guardian’s income receipt
– Applicants are academically deserving which have obtained minimum of C for Matric qualification in Grade 12. Examination results must be attached
– Grade 12 Matric or June results must be attached
– Current student of Matric must attach reports from school principal along with acceptance letter from university
The DEDEAT bursaries include tuition fees, prescribed books/study materials and considered accommodation and meals fees. The bursars will be obliged to work for DEDEAT for 1 year after studies are completed. The academic performances of bursars are indication of the bursaries’ continuation.
Applying for DEDEAT Bursaries
DEDEAT bursaries are usually open between June and September every year. To apply for DEDEAT bursaries click here: www.dedeat/Forms/DEDEA%202010%20Bursary%20Application%20Form.pdf or visit DEDEAT head office.