Columbus Stainless Learnership Opportunity 2017
Columbus Stainless, founded in 1966, is South Africa’s and Africa’s only producer of stainless steel flat products. You’ll find our product in everything from a kitchen sink to a quality wristwatch. Because of the boundless potential for stainless steel as a metal for the future, we at Columbus remain dedicated to becoming one of the leading suppliers of stainless steel in our domestic market and the global arena.
We value new and innovative ideas because this drives improvement. Columbus Stainless is constantly evaluating new technology and the positive benefits that it can have on our operations. We also know that technology has to be directed by the brightest minds.
Columbus Stainless has a Metals Manufacturing learnership opportunity to launch your career for the future. If you are interested in being trained as an operator in a production field, this opportunity awaits you.
Here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- Passed Grade 12/N3 with Mathematics (40%) or Maths Literacy (60%)
- South African citizenship
- Technical ability and good hand-eye coordination
- Fast learner, energetic, disciplined and good work ethic
- The motivation to learn and develop to become an equipment or process operator
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime in our 24-hour operation
- Upon successful completion of the 2-year (minimum) training programme, you will be awarded a MERSETA Metals Manufacturing qualification (NQF Level 2), which will equip you for potential appointment in a metals production environment.
Closing date is 21 July 2017.
Send no more than one copy of your CV by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Indicate clearly that your application is for the MERSETA Metals Manufacturing qualification as a Learner Steelmaker
• Include copies of your qualifications
• Indicate your preferred cell phone number for SMS communication.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.