Corporate Systems Architect Work in Johannesburg 2016
Employment Positions for Corporate Systems Architect in South Africa 2016
Career openings at RecruitU Recruitment Services in South Africa 2016
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
A corporate client situated in Johannesburg is embarking on an exciting IT transformation journey and will need a Corporate Systems Architect to join the organisation.
Role purpose and objectives:
- Ownership of the Corporate and Financial systems architecture strategy and designs for the Client
The objectives of the role include:
- Define the architecture roadmap for corporate and financial systems
- Manage solution architects and vendors to deliver end-to-end high-level design artefacts
- Manage a very large portfolio of applications from an architecture and design perspective
- Ownership of the corporate systems architecture for the client solutions.
- Define the architecture roadmap for corporate systems
- Ensuring the alignment of enterprise IT architecture with agreed business outcomes and IT strategy, based on relevant IT architecture enterprise principles and frameworks.
- Investigates strategic IT trends (including initiating and executing relevant proof of concepts) and provides feedback regarding the impact and alignment required
- Understand, manage and reduce complexity within IT landscape
- Establishing policies and procedures to develop reusable patterns for technical and operations solutions
- Effectively communicate the architecture principles and plans across the IS and business communities in an accessible fashion
- Provide an independent, unbiased view of the implications of business and technology scenarios within and across enterprise
- Mentor and guide the solution Architects in carrying out application design tasks. Coordinate and delegate tasks as required.
- Manage deliverables of solution architects
- Provide guidance and coaching to Solution Architects and Specialists on changes throughout the design process.
- Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the business requirements.
- Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Compile inventory of applications and compile system landscapes
- Perform annual asset health assessments
- Develops corporate systems architecture that accurately translates business requirements to technology and ensures the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a change;
- Finance systems (AP, AR, FA, GL, CB)
- Fins reporting
- Fins budgeting
- HR systems
- Large nr of miscellaneous systems staff use to run the corporate side of the business
- Liaise with IT project managers and IT delivery coordinators to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Provide guidance and coaching to developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process.
- Establish traceability between requirements and application solution architecture design.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application usage best practices.
- Define a change release strategy for corporate systems initiatives.
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
- A significant can do attitude
- Results focus and driven
- Experience in finance and corporate systems design
- Experience with the major vendors in the space: SAP, Oracle, SAGE, Syspro, MS Axapta, Navision
- Can demonstrate strong knowledge in integration methods and patterns
- Can demonstrate strong business process knowledge around implementation best practices
- A strong element of creativity to shape innovative solutions combined with architectural design experience in order to develop a workable solution.
- A demonstrable track record of combining the above to deliver designs resulting in successful solution delivery.
- Has a wide range of experience: Infrastructure, networks, programming, applications, security, integration
- Platform independent mindset
- Experienced in designing ERP solutions for large distributed organisations
- Experience with managing solution designers
- Worked within Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) software architecture, middleware infrastructure products specifically.
- Experienced in addressing information quality issues in originating business processes rather than in downstream integration code.
- Has utilised in their career several difference project methodologies and understands when different approaches are appropriate.
- Understand Agile and what it means to the architects artefacts
- Ability to define and oversee the full corporate systems development lifecycle.
- Ability to lead projects with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables.
- Can cite company or industry specific examples of successes, failures and lessons learned.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent facilitation skills and the ability to work effectively with peer and leadership teams.
- Need strong negotiation skills
- Display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability
- Cultivate relationships with business and technology stakeholders.
Professional qualification requirements:
- TOGAF exposure
- ERP certification
Technical qualification requirements:
- Undergraduate technical degree (e.g., BIng, BSc) or equivalent experience in technology
- Previous solution architecture
- Significant finance projects exposure for large scale integrated solutions
- Display a strong understanding and three years’ experience as a finance systems consultant/Architect.
RecruitU Recruitment Services
083 685 0688