Cranefield College Project Management Courses
Advanced Certificate in Project Management Course (AdvCertPM) – NQF L6
Cranefield College’s Advanced Certificate in Project Management Course is designed for working professionals who wish to master the essentials of management and apply PM skills and principles in a work context. The programme’s format and structure allow for flexibility and meet the needs of working professionals who can only ‘afford’ to study part-time. The Certificate in Project Management is fully aligned with PMI’s (Project Management Institute) PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge). Successful candidates who have sufficient practical experience will be equipped to sit for the PMI’s PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, and the less experienced for PMI’s CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) certification. The Advanced Certificate in Project Management is an accredited NQF Level 6 qualification.
After Completing the Advanced Certificate, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply basic general management practices and processes required in a project management contextual environment.
- Apply project management planning, implementation, and control knowledge and skills required to deliver successful projects that are on budget within the scheduled time, and are of a high quality.
- Perform project accounting and contract management activities as part of the overall approach towards successful project management, and also exercise supplier relationship management with the aim of effectively procuring goods and services required to perform the project scope of work, [recommended elective] or,
- Engage in the bidding process leading to a public-private partnership agreement between a public and a private party in support of economic development, good governance, social progress, and rising standards of living [specialised elective].
Advanced Diploma in Project Management Course (AdvDipPM) – NQF L7
The purpose of the Advanced Diploma in Project Management Course is to provide the opportunity for project management practitioners to deepen their knowledge and understanding of project management theories, methodologies and practices to enable them to pursue a career within the project management work context. This diploma in Project Management also provides learners with the opportunity to advance to higher organisational positions, as well as PMP (Project Management Professional) certification. The Advanced Diploma in Project Management is an accredited NQF Level 7 qualification.
After completing the Advanced Diploma, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and apply project management principles as supported by the new economy (Industry 4.0) management functions of leading, creating, implementing and improving in both a content and context organisational environment; and
- Understand the complexities of programme management and continuous improvement principles, and apply these to enhance organisational performance; and
- Reflect critically on the role of quality and performance management in the organisational supply chain, in particular the cross-functional programme-managed component thereof, with the aim of improving the performance of the organisational value chain; or [elective]
- Compare business strategy theory with practice to meet challenges in both internal and external organisational environments, in a prescriptive and emergent manner, so as to enhance the value creation ability of the learning organisation; or [elective]
- Evaluate the creation of effective and efficient project and process teams, from a behavioural perspective, with the aim of improving the performance of the organisation; or [elective]
- Analyse strategic financial management theories, including the fundamentals of contract and corporate law, in order to contribute to the effective functioning of the financial sector of the organisation and to demonstrate how the use of an appropriate financial strategy can add value to the overall corporate strategy of an organisation [elective].