Data Analyst Manager Vacancy at Mr Price
Data Analytics Manager – Group Internal Audit
Mr Price Group
In this role you will primarily be responsible for leading the thinking and strategy for data analytics (including Continuous Monitoring and Auditing) and managing a team of data analysts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Strategic leadership of the data analytics team
· Supervision, guidance and review of work performed by the team of data analysts as well as performing complex/ urgent data analytics when required. The data analytics work includes :
o Preparation of working papers and reports
o Development, implementation and advancement of automated continuous monitoring and auditing reports, trend analysis, tools, templates and dashboards.
o Providing data analytics support and technical guidance to internal audit (as an improvement to traditional audit sampling methodology, enabling populations or subsets of populations to be tested, thereby increasing audit coverage and focusing on high risk transactions)
o Data analytics support to external audit, including development, execution and preliminary review of CAAT’s (Computer Assisted Audit Techniques).
o Data analytics support to the business as and when required.
· Achievement of the Annual Internal Audit Plan as it relates to Continuous Auditing and Monitoring and Data Analytics.
· Development and improvement of policies and procedures for the Data Analytics team.
· Developing a technically sound, business-minded and approachable team of data analysts.
· Facilitating training and workshops within Internal Audit Department and the business.
· Preparation of quarterly Governance & Assurance board reporting packs as it relates to Continuous Auditing and Monitoring and Data Analytics.
· Creation & management of various Internal Audit SharePoint sites.
· Identifying and recommending improvements to business processes and internal controls
Minimum requirements required to apply:
· Grade 12 with a relevant qualification
· At least 3-4 years of management experience within a data analytics environment. Data Analytics experience within Internal / External Audit would be preferred
· An advanced level of technical ability to facilitate supervision
· Advanced SQL scripting and SQL data analysis experience
· Experience in other database languages and tools would be an added benefit (e.g. SSIS, Oracle, Hadoop etc.)
· Ability to analyse new and existing business policies, procedures and processes to:
o identify key business risks and process inefficiencies;
o evaluate controls for breakdowns/deficiencies;
o perform root cause analysis; and
o provide recommendations for practical, business-minded process improvements/ solutions.
· Advanced Excel skills, including proficiency in power pivot
· Advanced negotiation and communication skills
· An impressive ability to discuss most strategic business, management or systems problems at divisional director level.
· A well-developed ability to think logically, laterally and critically, and the experience to anticipate problems and avoid pitfalls.
· Experience with Internal/ External Audit would be an added benefit
· Proven track record in developing and improving capability within a data analytics team would be beneficial
A little about us: Within the Mr Price Group Internal Audit department we are committed to our people, performance, quality and delivery of value to our business. Our environment is one where individuals are inspired to be excellent every day in every way.
Passion, value and partnership. If you believe in these core values, we believe you’re a perfect match
A little about the Mr Price Group
The Mr Price Group is a high growth, Omni-channel, fashion- value retailer.
Mr Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; Sheet Street and mrpmoney.
We employ over 16 000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
How to Apply