Department of Social Development bursary’s main purpose is to attract young student to achieve higher education and dedicate their knowledge in building the caring and better society. The beneficial bursary is what you have been looking for!
About Department of Social Development
Department of Social Development concerns in enabling the poor, the excluded and the vulnerable within South Africa society to have better life and building caring society. I performing the duties, DOSD promotes and implement equity and freedom from discrimination and harassment in workplace and services.
The Available Fields of Study
Department of Social Development bursary is open to those who study in the fields related to social sciences and listed below:
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical and Public Health Care
- Family and Child Social Care
- Clinical Psychology
- Population Studies
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse Care
- School Social Care
The Criterion For Bursary
There are several requirements that every applicants must adhere for applying Department of Social Development bursary and those are listed below:
- Applicants must be South African citizen
- Correctly and honnestly complete the application form
- Comply with entry requirements set by University/registered in the University
- Willing to sign working agreement with trhe Department
- Have completed the qualification in the minimum period as required by University
The bursary continuation is based on the bursar’s academic progress. Department of Social Development bursary will cover registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, stipend for practical’s and official accommodation provided by university.
Applying For Bursary
To apply for Department of Social Development bursary, all applicants msut ensure that they attach these required documents:
- Certified copy of South African ID
- Certified of Grade 12 examinations results
- Certified copy of ID and payslip of parents/guardian
- First year student or prospective students who need to undergo selection process as required by University must provide certified copy of ID of applicant and certified copy of academic records on the official letterhead of University
Successful bursars will be announced in writing and must send back indication of receiving the bursary letter within 14 days of receiving the letter. Failure to complete all needed documents and late submission will not be considered. All application forms must be submitted to the provincial departments as stated.
The Departments of Social Development bursary is open from September 1 – October 31. The application of DOSD bursary can be retrieved here:
For inquiries, send the email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org