Graduate Programme at Umgeni Water
Successful applicants will be expected to sign a contract compelling them to be deployed to the identified municipality for the number of years they have spent on training, failing which they would have to repay all expenses incurred during the training.
During the training, graduates will be expected to successfully demonstrate all proficiencies as determined by ECSA for the graduate development programme in their respective disciplines.
- Minimum Qualifications for Technologist and Technicians: – B. Tech. and National Diploma in Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical and Chemical Engineering.
- An unendorsed Code 08/EB Driver’s license is a requirement.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Results-driven person
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Knowledge of engineering principles and ability to apply this knowledge
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Ability to plan and organize workloads effectively to enhance performance
First preference will be given to applicants who are permanent residence of the identified municipalities. The programme is restricted to South African citizens. Appointment will also be made in the context of Employment Equity. Graduates who have undergone any form of training in the past i.e. internship/in-service training/graduate programme will not be eligible to apply.
Short-listed applicants may be subjected to competency assessment / or security clearance and will be required to produce original certificate. This programme does not give guarantee of a permanent placement.
Interested persons are requested to email an application letter, together with their CV’s and certified copies of qualifications and proof of residence to: email@example.com or fax to 086 242 9680.
If you do not receive a reply within four (4) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Via – Umgeni Water