Home Affairs Graduate Internship
Are you an unemployed graduate holding SA citizenship, in possession of an undermentioned NQF level 7 qualification, are known for being a hard worker, motivated and disciplined?
The Department of Home Affairs is proud to announce its 12-month Graduate Internship Programme, where you will get the chance to gain valuable work experience – thereby getting you ready for the world of work.
The Department is offering a stipend of R5 000 per month and upon completion of the Programme, you will receive a Certificate of Service.
The Programme will run at different Provincial and District Offices throughout South Africa.
- Head Office (Hallmark) (30 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1)
- Eastern Cape (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1a)
- Free State (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1b)
- Gauteng (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1c)
- KwaZulu-Natal (23 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1d)
- Limpopo (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1e)
- Mpumalanga (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1f)
- Northern Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1g)
- North West (18 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1h)
Western Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1i)
- A 3-year National Diploma / Degree in Finance / Accounting or an equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Basic computer literacy
- Hard worker, motivated and disciplined
- A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
- Asset physical verification
- Perform general administrative and records management duties
- Account reconciliation
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Clear bank exceptions
Preference will be given to candidates from the local area where the Programme is based
The roles will require some physica l duties, ie carrying boxes off shelves, moving boxes to other offices, spending long hours standing.
Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government Department will NOT be considered
Applications must be made on a fully completed, signed and dated form Z83, Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM obtainable from any Public Service Department or Government website, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of all qualifications, Identification Document and a certified copy of a driver’s licence where in possession of such
As part of our vetting process, all candidates will be subjected to the following checks:
- Credit clearance
- Criminal check
- Qualification verification
- Reference check (verbal)
- Citizenship check.
HOW TO APPLY
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to the relevant Department of Home Affairs Office as indicated below:
- Free State Province: Postal Address: PO Box 12262, Brandhof 9324; Physical Address: 40 Victoria Road, Willows, Bloemfontein 9301
- Gauteng Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X108, Braamfontein 2017; Physical Address: 3rd Floor, Mineralia Building, cnr De Beer and De Korte Streets, Braamfontein 2017
- Head Office: Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001, Physical Address: 232 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) Street, cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) Street, Pretoria 0002
- KwaZulu-Natal Province: Postal Address: PO Box 09, Scottsville 3209; Physical address: 181 Church Street, Pietermaritzburg 3200
- Limpopo Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X9517, Polokwane 0700; Physical Address: 89 Biccard Street, Polokwane 0699
- Mpumalanga Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X11264, Nelspruit 1200; Physical Address: 29 Bester Street, Nelspruit 1200
- North West Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X 119, Mmabatho 2735; Physical Address: Cnr Sheppard and Carrington Streets, Mafi keng 2745
- Northern Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X6073, Kimberley 8300; Physical Address: 2nd Floor, Absa CBD Building, 69 Du Toit Span Road, Kimberley 8300
- Western Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X9103, Cape Town 8000; Physical Address: 4th Floor, Faircape Building, 56 Barrack Street, Cape Town 8001
- Eastern Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag 7413, King William’s Town 5600; Physical Address: 11 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town 5600
Closing Date: 25 November 2016