Internship Programme at the Publishers Association of South Africa
The Publishers’ Association of South Africa (PASA) is offering exciting internship opportunities for individuals who want to develop their career in the Book Publishing Industry. The programme is funded by FP & M Seta (Fibre Processing and Manufacturing Sector Education Training Authority).
PASA is the largest publishing industry body in South Africa, committed to creativity, literacy, the free flow of ideas and encouraging a culture of reading.
- Development of human resource capacity in the publishing industry;
- Addressing the needs as articulated in the Fibre, Processing and Manufacturing SETA (Sector Education & Training Authority) with regard to the demographics of the country; and
- Increasing the employability of unemployed, qualified graduates.
- The Internship Programme is a structured placement programme administered by the Publishers’ Association of South Africa.
- Duration: 6 months (January 2017 to June 2017).
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend.
- The internship will be with contracted publishing companies which are in the Education, Trade and Academic Sectors.
- Interns will sign a contract which will commit them to the period and conditions of involvement and employment.
- Individuals who want to work and develop book publishing as a career;
- Tertiary qualifications in the publishing or similar field – with a clear desire for upskilling;
- Individuals who are: o eager to learn o proactive o independent thinkers o assertive and o enjoy language and communication.
How to apply
Closing date is 25 November 2016. Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax 021 -762-2763.
1. The internship appointments will be in accordance with the employment equity requirements of the FP&M SETA.
2. Interviews and placements will take place in Gauteng, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal.
3. Those who applied earlier don’t have to apply again