Junior Designer Job in South Africa Nov/Dec 2016
Junior Designer Employment Vacancy in South Africa 2016
Jobs opportunity at Quivertree Publication Nov/Dec 2016
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Rondebosch|
Quivertree is looking for a junior graphic designer to join their creative team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about design, while still having a clear and strong focus on the brand or whole package.
This is an opportunity for someone who loves books and brand design and has a passion for conceptual design and who is typographically strong.
Quivertree Publications is a boutique publishing house, focusing on the unique aesthetics, eclectic contradictions and homegrown creativity of contemporary South Africa, Quivertree has published acclaimed and inspirational titles, mostly centered on design, decor and food. Combine this focus with high production and design values, and the result is the sort of spirited, beautiful and fundamentally desirable book for which the company has rapidly become renowned.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Diploma or equivalent in graphic design.
- Three to five years of working experience in a design environment.
- A creative and conceptual thinker, proactive, takes initiative.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new software and technology in design field.
- Great InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop knowledge.
- Attention to detail.
- Good understanding and use of the English language.
- Be ambitious, proactive and passionate.
- Be honest and reliable.
- Work well in a team or independently.
- Perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Take responsibility and ownership of work.
- Commitment to meet deadlines.
- Online/digital experience.
- Has initiative.
- Detail orientated.
- Good communicator.
- Dedicated team player.
- Handles pressure well.