Learnership Programme at the University of Cape Town
- Grade 12 with Mathematics, Physical Science and English
- Completion of (or be in the process of completing) the first year of a Mechanical Engineering Learnership at an approved merSETA training provider.
- Potential to develop/acquire the technical skills necessary to successfully complete the qualification.
- Good communicator in written and spoken English.
- Ability to interact with university students, technicians and academic staff within the Department.
Other desirable attributes include: the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, problem solving skills, computer literacy, independent learning ability and initiative. Relevant work experience (such as employment in a workshop in either an industrial or academic environment) would be advantageous.
How to apply
Closing date is 30 November 2016.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to email@example.com (Ensure the title and reference number: E61130, are indicated in the subject line)
- UCT Application Form (download here)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Hardcopies of the application can also be dropped off with Ms Samantha Reizenburg at the Reception Desk in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
Address: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Level 2, Elec-Mech Building, 14 Library Road, Upper Campus, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, 7700)
Via – UCT