Raw Material Company’s Residency Programme 2018
RAW Material Company’s residency programme started in 2011 and has welcomed more than 40 artists, writers, researchers, curators, etc. from various nationalities, in Dakar. The residency programme is open to visual artists interested in any medium, from writers, musicians, filmmakers and architects to curators, researchers or student researchers.
Applications will be open from 10th July to 10th September 2017 for a residency that will take place between 15th January and 25th February 2018. Two residents will be selected. The exact duration of the residency will be decided through discussions with the team of RAW Material Company. Koyo Kouoh, artistic director and founder of RAW Material Company, is responsible for the selection of the residents.
Applications received after the 10th September 2017 will not be considered for review.
Residents must cover the costs of their journey and meals whilst in Senegal, as well as any visa fees and medical insurance.
DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
Please complete the following sections to the best of your ability. Once your completed application is received, it will be reviewed and only selected applicants will be notified of their status in the application process
Before filling out the application, please read over the entirety of the form to prepare all the necessary documents.
You will need to upload:
- A cover letter (max 250 words)
- A project description (max 500 words)
- A full resume and a short bio
- A headshot in high resolution
- Be present in Dakar for a minimum of 1 month
- Be a graduate of an art school, curatorial programme or any department of humanities
- Have at least a conversational knowledge of French
- Be able to cover the costs for travel, visa, insurance, living and residency