SMU Internal Advert – Space Planning and Timetabling Officer (1 post) 2017 / 2018
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for overseeing an efficient, effective and accurate academic planning service for timetabling and venue allocation. He/She will report to the Head: Spatial Planning & Project Management. The successful candidate will meet the requirements and be responsible for the key performance areas listed below:
- Degree qualification in Project Management (NQF 7)
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a higher education environment
- Ability to work under high pressure, customer contact environment
- Good numeracy and English composition
- Good communication(oral & written) and interpersonal skills
- Full computer literate ( MS Suite) and knowledge of database packages
- Ability to learn quickly and work on own initiative
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workload and have good time management skills
- Team player
Key Performance Areas:
- To identify and confirm which modules will be running in a particular academic period, and then set them up on ITS
- To liaise with the relevant staff in the Registrar’s Office to ensure the new modules are set up on ITS
- To set up schedule class events, and all necessary records for each student group running during any particular academic teaching period for each programme/School
- To generate scheduled events for each programme/School, and check for any anomalies
- To ensure that all relevant mechanisms are set up to support absence recording process on each scheduled class event
- To support the Head: Spatial Planning & Project Management to resolve any staffing clashes for scheduled class events
- To support the Head: Spatial Planning & Project Management and those in the Schools responsible for timetabling with the process involved into the University’s timetabling system
- To perform a manual reconfiguration of the auto generated ITS room allocations
- To liaise with the Disability Officer (or the designated official) regarding any special room requirements for disabled students/staff or students/staff with limited mobility capacity and ensure that these requirements are adequately met
- Actively seek to implement the University’s Health and Safety policy as it pertains to Space
- To undertake any other official duties as requested by the Head: Spatial Planning & Project Management
Closing date: 14 July 2017
Typed applications quoting the reference number which should contain a comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of all qualifications and contact details of three referees, should be forwarded, for the attention of Mrs NG Motsamai, to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 68, Medunsa, 0204.
The applications must be hand delivered OR posted to:
Human Resources Department, 5th Floor, Clinical Pathology building, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Molotlegi street, Garankuwa,
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African qualification Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered.
Telephonic enquiries regarding conditions of service: (012) 521-3893.
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Applicants who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply For SMU Internal Advert – Space Planning and Timetabling Officer (1 post) 2017 / 2018