WFP Internship Opportunity 2017
he United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030.
Tackling the causes – not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary.
Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ [[Accounting/Financial Management or related field]];
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
Learn the financial processes routine in WFP
Master skills in processing financial transactions
1. Understand the invoice processing documentation flow
• Receive the invoices
• Track invoices received in online Finance Mailboxes
• Upload received invoices onto Invoice Tracking System (ITS)
2. Understand WFP SAP (WINGS) Finance module and financial transactions set up
• Raise credit notes for transport pre-delivery losses
• Reconcile vendor payable requests against WINGS system records
3. Bank Account open items management
• Follow up balance on ZAR bank account
• Record bank charges in WINGS system
• Record bank receipts in WINGS system
• Assist with bank reconciliations by monthly deadline
4. Payment release process
• Provide bank authorisers with documents for payment releases
• Printing of Vendor payment advices
• Filing of payment documents
5. Financial Reporting
• Submitting weekly reports to spending units on outstanding invoices
• Reporting on monthly financial transactions
6. Any other tasks as required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
16 July 2017